struts-user mailing list archives

From eelboy <eel...@aol.com>
Subject use struts2 in a xxxx.jsp url
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:40:18 GMT
Hi,

I'm very new to struts2 and have two questions that I have not seen
asked/answered in my short time on this list (but also through plenty of
online searching):

(1) Is it possible to invoke form validation without having the URL
being rewritten to xxxx.action?  That is, can i keep my existing JSP
urls but simply "add" struts2 functionality?

(2) Is it possible to manipulate the default value that is displayed for
a specific field?  For example, if the field in question is a signed
integer, but a value of -1 is intended to represent a default (ie, user
did not supply a value) is there any way to not display anything in that
field instead of "-1" - which appears to be the behavior.

Apologies if these questions have been answered before,

Thanks for any info.
edward