struts-user mailing list archives

From Puneet Babbar 2 <pbabb...@sapient.com>
Subject RE: Struts, spring integration while using struts annotations
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 07:52:03 GMT
Thanks for replying to my post, I have already checked that link but still no clue as to how
to make spring plugin work with the convention plugin.

Suppose I have an Action  -
@Action("/login-page")
public class LoginPage extends ActionSupport {

	public LoginPage(){

	}
	public String execute(){
		return SUCCESS;
	}
}

I have added spring plugin to my application and have added the following bean definition
in my applicationContext.xml

<bean id="login-page" class="com.test.login.LoginPage" />

I debugged the application -
Now when I load my application and send a request for the login-page action, I see that the
action is being created 2 times
1)When applicationContext is read when the application comes up.
2)When the request is sent for this action, struts creates another instance and this instance
is used to service the request.

So basically, I am not able to get the action object I have created using spring to be used
by struts to process the requests when using convention plugin

The Struts spring integration works fine when I used the normal struts.xml approach(not using
convention plugin)

Now can you help me out?

Regards

Puneet