struts-user mailing list archives

From Hernán <heam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration of DB from DB2 to Oracle with Struts2
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:39:27 GMT
To make your application available for migration to different Databases you
should use an Object to Relationship Mapping technology, such as Java
Persistence API or Hibernate, once you've developed an application that
way, you can just change the driver of the database and migrate to another
one... At the same time these technologies have tools to generate the
schema of the database... I recommend you to to use Spring as well, this
framework will let you inject dependencies, control security, transactions,
etc. Of course it is possible to integrate spring to struts2 and JPA or
Hibernate as well... Greetings.

--
Hernán