struts-user mailing list archives

From Arun Sharma <arun.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Struts 2.2.3 annotations based validation
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:07:36 GMT
Hi,

I am using *struts 2.2.3* in web application. I want to use struts2
annotations based validations for the form data submitted from UI.

The scenario is:

User fills all the form fields and click on submit button. I have created a
Person class for storing registration form data and RegistrationAction
which triggers the logic for registration. RegistrationAction holds
reference to person object with respected getters/setters.

Please suggest how to validate individual fields of Person class after form
submission, using struts 2 annotations. (Where to write field level
annotations in Action(holding reference to Person DTO) or PersonDTO
carrying form data.)

Do I need to write custom validator by extending the FieldValidatorSupport,
or alternatively the ValidatorSupport class?

--
with regards...
arun