struts-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Reed" <ERE...@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Subject JSP help
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:59:00 GMT
Everyone,

I know this has nothing to do with Struts but maybe someone one this mailing list has encountered
this problem before.

We have a massive project that I am upgrading from 10g to 11G. Going from OAS to weblogic.
This project was developed in '04 using '99 - 2001 technologies (Struts 1.1, jstl 1.0... etc)
over 35 developers were on the project for 4 years... I'm the only one left.

I have successfully updated our 1000+ ejb's and session beans but the JSP's are killing me.

I am not a front-end developer, and for most cases we do this for var's on a jsp page:

<bean:define id="srtcId" name="roles" property="srtcId" />

.. later in the jsp srtcId is referenced like : value="<%=srtcId%>"

JDeveloper 11g hates this and will not compile any of the JSP's. I tried several different
approaches to try and get these to compile without  success so any help would be great.

Also the post parameter being returned to the action class is just a string of what is in
the value field.

Thank you in advance.
Eric