struts-user mailing list archives

From Eric Lentz <Eric.Le...@sherwin.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Searching for data access framework.
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 17:21:28 GMT
How about an object factory?

Interface - UserAuth
Implementation - LdapAuth implements UserAuth
Implementation - SqlAuth implements UserAuth

Factory (pseudo code):
if(ldap) {
        return(new LdapAuth);
}
else if(sql) {
        reutrn(new SqlAuth);
}
etc.

More pseudo code (this is inside your DAO):
UserAuth auth = Factory.getInstance(somecriteria);
auth.authenticate();

From:   Balwinder <balwinder.mca@gmail.com>
Date:   12/05/2011 12:13 PM
Subject:        Re: [OT] Searching for data access framework.

Hi Wes,

What I need is something like, if I want to access data from a database,
i can use SQL, but if i change the source to LDAP then the access
mechanism will change from SQL to LDAP specifics, now if the same data
goes to flat file than again my mechanism will change, so all I need is
some framework that if when source is changed its access mechanism
should remain same. Hope this explains what I am looking for.

Regards,
Balwinder Kumar

http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/DataAccessObject.html