struts-user mailing list archives

From "Givler, Eric" <egiv...@pa.gov>
Subject RE: Servlet init() equivalent in Struts 1.3.8
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 19:22:36 GMT
You could create these objects at startup via a Listener (defined in web.xml) and available
as part of the ServletContext as attributes.

You could also wire them together via Spring and gain access via Spring's WebApplicationContext
(I think that's what it's called).

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Anjib Mulepati [mailto:anjibcs@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 2:55 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Servlet init() equivalent in Struts 1.3.8

Hi All,

I am trying to put some database configuration code in the Struts
application. This is the code for loading context parameter, configure
database parameter and locate the service.

Usually we put this code in init() method of servlet but I am confuse
where I can put this piece of code in Struts. This is basically one time
thing.

Thanks,
Anjib