struts-user mailing list archives

From Maithily <maithily.koh...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple Message Resources Files
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 06:49:55 GMT
Hi All,

I am facing the following problem with the struts message resources files -

- Our application has many functional modules and each module a struts
config file and message resources file.
- Common message resources are bundled in a single file - say
"Commonresources.properties"
- Mistakenly I configured the "message-resources" in more than one struts
config file with -
     <message-resources parameter="Commonresources"/>
  I found this out when debugging the display issue of some of the  error
messages were not displayed.
- When I removed the message-resources tag from these files, the messages
are displayed.

Has any one faced a similar issue before?

I want to understand what is caused if the same properties file is referred
to by 2 different struts config files for the messages to be found?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Maithily.