struts-user mailing list archives

From Brian McCullough <b...@buadh-brath.com>
Subject Interceptor question
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 19:48:26 GMT
Folks,

I don't seem to be able to ask this question in a way that lets the search engines give me
a useful answer, so I am coming here.

I am working on adding functionality to an application that I inherited.

I have struts.xml as well as several struts-packageName.xml files in WEB-INF/classes.

In struts.xml I have several "custom" interceptors defined, as well as interceptor stacks
that use those, as well as the "built-in" interceptors.  One of those stacks is defined as
default with default-interceptor-ref.

The struts-packageName.xml files are each included with Include File statements at the top
of struts.xml.

Each of them has the following at the top:

<package name="packageName" extends="default" namespace="/packageName">

They also have various Action definitions, specific to the particular packageName.

My question has to do with the Interceptors and Interceptor Stacks defined in struts.xml.
 Incidentally, all of those definitions are after the Include File statements for all of the
struts-packageName.xml files.

I would like to be able to define a particular Interceptor Stack as being the Default for
a particular packageName, and applicable to the whole Package and its Actions, instead of
having to code interceptor-def for each Action.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Brian