struts-user mailing list archives

From Li Ying <>
Subject Re: getText returns NULL when formating number using l10n
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 01:01:01 GMT
I have read the source of java.text.MessageFormat, looks like it
output a "null" text to the result String when the argument is null.

I think you can create a read-only property in your action (or your
data model class), and implement the null check and format process in
this property,
code like:
public String getPriceDisplay(String formatPattern) {
      if (this.price == null) {
         return ""
     else {
         format it by the formatPattern

and use this property in the jsp tag,
code like:

<s:textfield key="orderItem.price"
value="%{orderItem.getPriceDisplay(getText('format.number'))}" />