struts-user mailing list archives

From Scott Smith <ssm...@mainstreamdata.com>
Subject Struts 2 Initialization Plugin
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 20:06:44 GMT
In struts 1, I used org.apache.struts.action.PlugIn as a way to create an object at web app
startup and put it into the application context so that all sessions had access to it.  What's
the equivalent method in Struts2?  That is, how can I have an object created at web application
startup.

I guess the alternative is lazy initialization (first guy who tries to access it and doesn't
find it, creates it, and saves it into the app context; down side is I might end up with several
sessions trying to create it until one finally makes it to the app context).

Any better solutions?