struts-user mailing list archives

From <karthick.gunaseka...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Struts2 Memory Management
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:28:02 GMT
Can we do any application lever tuning in struts 2?

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Graf-Waczenski [mailto:rgw@lsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:25 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Struts2 Memory Management

Am 19.10.2011 16:16, schrieb dan.zheng:
> So many objects dump directly to jsp will certainly consume a lot
memory,I
> suppose you can enlarge your Web Server's jvm memory size to afford
your
> requirement
> such as "-Xms 1024m -Xmx 1024m",more details can come from google "jvm
> tuning"

What do you mean by "dump directly to jsp"? Struts2 custom tags are
ultimately calling your action class methods to (for example) access an
action property in the form of an instance of an iterator-like class.
Exactly *how* the data is maintained internally is completely left to
the implementation of *your* class, the framework itself uses proper
abstraction. In short: Memory issues are *your fault* not Struts2's.

Robert

of this message and any attachments.

www.wipro.com