struts-user mailing list archives

From sbhatia <bhatia.saurab...@gmail.com>
Subject java.lang.ClassNotFoundException with struts2 after introducing tiles in my application
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2011 13:28:40 GMT
I was working on one of my application using struts 2 and it was working
until i decided to use tiles into it.

I am one facing issue whenever i start my server from eclipse and it says:

SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class
org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1678)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1523)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClass(DefaultInstanceManager.java:415)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClassMaybePrivileged(DefaultInstanceManager.java:397)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:118)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4660)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5226)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5221)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am using the entry for tiles listener in web.xml file :

 	<listener>
		<listener-class>
			org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener
		</listener-class>
	</listener>
	<context-param>
		<param-name>tilesDefinitions</param-name>
		<param-value>/WEB-INF/tiles.xml</param-value>
	</context-param>

Also, the jars files i am using for the application is as follow:

commons-beanutils-1.8.3-bin.zip
commons-collections-3.2.1-bin.zip
commons-digester3-3.0-bin.zip
commons-fileupload-1.2.2.jar