struts-user mailing list archives

From Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>
Subject Re: IE open excel file directly but not save as
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:05:32 GMT
Hi Chris,

thanks a lot!

I updated to :

  res.setHeader("Cache-Control", "private");
  res.setHeader("Cache-Control", "private, must-revalidate");
  res.setHeader("Pragma","private");
  res.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
   res.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline");
   res.setContentLength(fileData.length);
   res.setHeader("Content-Transfer-Encoding", "binary");

IE 9 works, but IE8 still did not open the file :(

Do you know how to fix the problem for IE8.

Emi

On 09/26/2011 01:40 PM, Chris Pratt wrote:
> Try removing the filename from the Content-Disposition header. "inline"
> doesn't support this attribute and maybe IE is assuming you mean
> "external" because it's there.
>    (*Chris*)
>
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Emi Lu <emilu@encs.concordia.ca
> <mailto:emilu@encs.concordia.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Hello ,
>
>     I know its not really struts question. But maybe someone knows the
>     answer.
>
>     IE cannot open an excel file directly (IE8,9)
>
>       res.reset();
>       res.setHeader("Cache-Control", "private, must-revalidate");
>       res.setHeader("Pragma","__private");
>       res.setContentType("__application/vnd.ms-excel");
>       res.setHeader("Content-__Disposition", "inline;filename=\""+
>     "fn.xls" + "\";");
>       res.setContentLength(fileData.__length);
>       res.setHeader("Content-__Transfer-Encoding", "binary");
>
>     If I save as a file, open it, excel shows:
>
>     "Office File Validation detected a problem while trying to open this
>     file. Opening it may be dangerous"
>
>     Then I have to click "open" to open it.
>
>     Does someone know how to open excel file directly but not have to
>     save as under IE please?
>
>     thanks a lot!
>     Emi

Emi Lu, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
emilu@encs.concordia.ca        +1 514 848-2424 x5884