struts-user mailing list archives

From AndyLaw <andy....@roslin.ed.ac.uk>
Subject Return text to jsp, plus image and imageMap from a single Data query?
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:21:38 GMT
I have an application that I need to develop that requires the following:

Following selection by the user of the item of interest plus up and
downstream padding, report the locations and characteristics of features of
interest found in the region and display the data graphically with clickable
links embedded in the image to allow navigation to further descriptions of
those features.

So, I have a single set of inputs, (item, up and down) and I need to
generate three things from them.

If I were just generating the text display, I would return "success" from my
action and dispatch to a jsp. In fact, that seems to be the simplest thing
to do. I can then embed in the JSP code to call another action to generate
the image and one to generate the imagemap.

But what's the best way to do that from a single database hit (rather than
fetching the same data in three separate actions)? Initial instinct says
"stick it in the session". Is that the best option?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions you can provide.

Later,

Andy