struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [s1,validation] Multi-page flow, session-scoped DynaValidatorForm with checkbox
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 19:46:34 GMT
On Friday, June 17, 2011, Christopher Schultz wrote:
> I can't believe I've been working with Struts for nearly 10 years and
> I'm still using Struts 1.

Fixed.

> The problem is that if we check the box and submit to A2 (then show P2),
> then go back (either browser-BACK or using our "previous" button in the
> flow), then re-submit to A2, the form property in the bean stays set to
> "true" (or whatever value we'r [...]

Not sure why it wouldn't, it's a session form, so alterations will
persist over multiple pages, unless I'm misunderstanding what you've
said.

> I would have figured that DynaValidatorBean would be sensitive to the
> current "page" of the flow and only reset properties with a page number
> at or higher than the currently-being-submitted page

I'm not aware of any page number/flow functionality in S1, but I
stopped using it around 1.2.9--is flow functionality something from
1.3, or did I just miss it altogether?

> What is the recommended technique when dealing with multi-page,
> session-scoped dynamic forms?

IIRC this was a PITA in S1, I always coded reset methods and had a
mini-state-machine implementation.

Dave