struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POJO's collection not populated when submitting form
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:33:09 GMT
IMO a set is user-hostile unless you've defined an iterator with known
sequence, otherwise the same page might return the same values in a
different order. That's just confusing.

(And I've never actually used a set in Hibernate, always a list or a map.)

I don't think collection syntax (square brackets, as you tried) or
indexed notation (paren) would work, since there's no getAt type thing
for a set.

You may be able to create a custom type converter, but meh.

Dave