struts-user mailing list archives

From Miguel <mig...@almeida.at>
Subject Can we use spring-plugin to inject a HttpServletRequest onto a bean?
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 11:45:29 GMT
Hi,

I'm using spring to inject dependencies in my application.
I added a module I had previously developed that had the code in some
class (request is a HttpServletRequest):

	private String getIpAddress() {
			request = ServletActionContext.getRequest();
        }

This now seems wrong on a few levels:
a) it creates a dependency in the containing project to struts that
shouldn't be there (the ServletActionConfiguration)
b) My database integration tests fail because on their context of
execution there is no ServletActionContext

I was thinking of a solution that involves injecting the request onto
the class. In the test environment I'll have no problems, I'll just
inject a mock HttpServletRequest.

However, in my application, I fail to see how I can inject the proper
request onto that class. Struts injects a request onto the actions. I'm
using spring-plugin. But @autowire-ing the request doesn't work, and in
my springcontext.xml, I fail to see how to fetch struts' request (whose
spring bean would be XXX in the following code):

<bean id="auditInterceptor" class="audit.AuditLogInterceptor"
		scope="prototype">
		<property name="request" ref="XXX"></property>
</bean>

Is what I am trying to achieve possible?

Regards,

Miguel Almeida