struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Shevett <...@homeport.org>
Subject Wildcard pattern not calling interceptor?
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 01:46:34 GMT
I have an app that uses a generic interceptor on all action calls to
verify if the session is active, and if it isn't, it returns
'notloggedin', which I have a global result for.

This works -great-, except for one of my actions, which is a generic
loader for JSP's.

The interceptor definition:

<interceptor-stack name="pppweb">
 	<interceptor-ref name="siteConfigCheck" />
 	<interceptor-ref name="paramsPrepareParamsStack" />
 	<interceptor-ref name="publicLoginChecker" />
</interceptor-stack>

'publicloginchecker' has a simple "checking session" debug rule.  For all
normal calls that have an action mapped, it always says it's checking the
session.  But many of my actions I have a SUCCESS entry that does
somethign like this:

<result name="success" type="redirectAction">public/MyHome</result>

And I have a generic JSP catcher:

<action name="public/*" class="com.stonekeep.congo.web.WebActions">
 	<interceptor-ref name="pppweb"/>
 	<result name="success">/WEB-INF/jsp/public/{1}.jsp</result>
 	<result name="input">/WEB-INF/jsp/public/{1}.jsp</result>
</action>

Last but not least, I have a global results entry:
<result name="notloggedin" type="redirectAction">public/Welcome</result>

All of this works just spiffily.  The JSP's render, all is well, EXCEPT
in the case where I hit a JSP directly via public/SomeJspName.  In this
situation, the JSP renders, but hte interceptor does not trigger.  This
results in odd behaviour for folks who have had a session timeout, or are
hitting random URLs for JSP pages.  They see the page, it has no session
content.

Help?

 	-dave