struts-user mailing list archives

From Alex Barnes <a...@barnes-home.com>
Subject Action validation is being performed when it shouldn't
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 19:16:15 GMT
Hi all,

I am having a few issues with some code which worked a few days ago but has stopped working
for some reason. I have no idea what has changed to cause this but here are the symptoms.

I have an action class called NewSupplierAction which extends ActionSupport and overrides
the validate method and execute() methods and also provides a public save() method. The execute
method just creates a new Supplier object and returns SUCCESS. This forwards the user to the
NewSupplier.jsp page. The execute method is annotated with @SkipValidation because I only
want to do the validation when I call the save() method.

For some reason the validate method is being called when the execute() method is invoked.
This is happening because the code in the AnnotationValidationInterceptor#doIntercept method
doesn't find any annotated methods on the action class and therefore doesn't find the @SkipValidation
annotation. I am using the StrutsSpringObject factory and have defined the action in the Spring
applicationConfig.xml file and then refer to the action in struts.xml via the Spring bean
id.

Can you anyone think of any reason why the DefaultActionProxy doesn't have the expected annotations?

Thanks,

Alex