struts-user mailing list archives

From Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>
Subject Re: addActionError() caused "Page not found (404)".
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:12:37 GMT
Hi Dave,

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Emi Lu wrote:
>>> Especially if there were no validation errors,
>>> only error messages added by the application code.
>> By the way, I agree with this very much!
>
> So you're basically saying that you want to differentiate between two
> different types of errors, or at the very least have two different
> workflows based on the error type? That would require a custom
> interceptor and (at least two) collections of error messages.
>
> Or you could set the workflow.inputResultName for the action you don't
> want to add an "input" to.

 >> it is using the number of error messages to determine
 >> if there were any validation errors.

I mean that I agree with Aner. If I just "addActionErrorMessage", but
not a real ActionError, I would not expect the interceptor stop the
workflow :-( Or, as you suggested that if it could be specified in the
online document, it will help as well.

Dave, could you provide an example, what should I put "input" for my
case? in Struts.xml, I have:

(part1)
<action name="*Action1"  method="{1}" class="Action1">
    <result name="success"  type="tiles">browse_action1</result>
</action>

(part2)
<!-- want to go to view Action1 with action messages displayed -->
<action name="*Action2"  method="{1}" class="Action2">
    <result name="view_action1" type="redirectAction">
       <param name="actionName">Action1</param>
    </result>
</action>

"Input" should be added to (part1) or (part2), how?

Thanks a lot!
Emi