struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Just a stab in the dark
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:15:25 GMT
Matt Meola on 14/03/11 00:04, wrote:
> On 03/12/2011 05:57 AM, Adam Hardy wrote:
>> Hi List
>>
>> this is a bit OT but it's the weekend and I have a question which I am
>> desperate to answer and my googling skills are no match for it.
>>
>> Does anyone know where I can get a Java implementation of scanf?
>
> Does java.text.MessageFormat.parse() perhaps meet at least some of your
> needs?

This might actually be a quicker way to do exactly what I need to do now, I mean
quicker than Scanner. Thanks for the great tip.

However it has 2 drawbacks in comparison with C's scanf - it doesn't take the
same symbols and formatting in its pattern as printf, and it can't handle
multiple occurrences of the same variable in the pattern.

Regards
Adam