struts-user mailing list archives

From adam pinder <apin...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject RE: Integrate JasperReports into a Struts2 web application
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 17:05:32 GMT

i'm not sure what tests can be done on the variable created from the window.open - if you
can test for it being loaded and are able to issue a print against the actual new window then
that would be simplest otherwise...if the call to the jasper report could output an html page
containing the report and javascript which is called onload which does the window.print then
that would suffice or similar type of functionality

> From: mgainty@hotmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Integrate JasperReports into a Struts2 web application
> Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:21:36 -0500
>

> so would assigning the var win=window.open to a Javascript variable and testing win for
null work?
> or are you thinking more of iframe communication?
>
> thanks,
> Martin
>
> Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger sein, so
bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer
entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails
koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.
> Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> > From: apinder@hotmail.co.uk
> > To: user@struts.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: Integrate JasperReports into a Struts2 web application
> > Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:07:51 +0000
> >

> > window.open is not a synchronous command and hence the window.print is occurring
before the jasper report is actually rendered and you need to issue the window.print on the
new window which i doubt it is given you're calling it from the parent window.