struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: sending the report directly to the printer
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2011 23:50:27 GMT

server side:
write a file to a temp folder you can access ..preferably a folder that struts already has
mapped e.g.
<constant name="struts.convention.result.path" value="/pages"/>
setup a cron job which scans the struts mapped folder (on some pre-scribed interval) and prints
the contents (then deletes the file)

as mentioned executing print functionality is OS specific

Unix prints with lpr
http://www.kb.iu.edu/data/adzr.html

Windows prints with the print command
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/58143

client-side:
map your button to the Print-Screen button is the easiest way to print wikipedia says U+2399
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_screen
Be Aware that this is specific to the keyboard layout so someone may change keyboard from
EN-US to CN-chinese and the mappings may change
so you have your work cut out for you (depending on your current IME configuration)

Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.