struts-user mailing list archives

From jlm...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Double Select Tag
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 04:18:38 GMT
Well, there are diferent options for this:
1) Load all the posibles values of the second select into javascript arrays when loading the
page, and the populate the second select using javascript once the user has made a selection
in the first select
2) Once the user has selected an element in the first select, navigate to present the same
page, but with the second select also loaded.
3) Use Ajax to populate dinamically the second select retrieving the data from the server
once the users selects one element on the first select.

You can write the javascript yourself, or use a toolkit like Dojo to abstract yourself of
that.

Depending on the amount of data, and the likelihood of changes in it, I would use options
1 or 3, but it's up to you.

JL
------Mensaje original------
De: Jerson John
Para: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Responder a: Struts Users Mailing List
Asunto: Double Select Tag
Enviado: 21 Feb, 2011 22:50

Hi,
  Can some one help me on double select tag with Hibernate...I am having two
classes AssetCat,AssetSubCat and My first list should be assetcat list and
according to the Assetcat selection I need to populate the second list which
is assetsubcat list....Please advice me on this...I try to google it but
Only could find hardcoded string array stuff...Please advice me on this..

Thanks in advance

Many Thanks and Regards,

Jerson