struts-user mailing list archives

From Anjib Mulepati <anji...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [S 1.3.8] Simple Struts Example
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 21:37:27 GMT
1. JSP Files
=========
a) Calling page
---------------------
<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-bean" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-logic" prefix="logic" %>

<head>
<title><bean:message key="welcome.title"/></title>
</head>
<form  action="getValue.do" method="post">
<input type="submit" value="Get Value" />
</form>

b) Result Page
-------------------
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld"  prefix="bean" %>
<head>
<title>JSP Page</title>
</head>
<h1>result</h1>
<jsp:useBean id="exchangeBean" scope="session"
class="com.anjib.beans.DataBean" />
<jsp:getProperty name="exchangeBean" property="sampleProperty" />

2. Bean Class
===========
package com.anjib.beans;

import java.io.Serializable;

public class DataBean implements Serializable {

     private String sampleProperty;

     public DataBean() {

     }

     public String getSampleProperty() {
         return sampleProperty;
     }

     public void setSampleProperty(String value) {
         this.sampleProperty = value;
     }
}

3. Action Class
============
package com.anjib.actions;

import com.anjib.beans.DataBean;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;

public class GetValueAction extends org.apache.struts.action.Action {

       private static final String SUCCESS = "success";

      @Override
     public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
             HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
             throws Exception {
         DataBean myBean = new DataBean();
         myBean.setSampleProperty("Anjib");
         System.out.println("Bean Value: " + myBean.getSampleProperty());
         return mapping.findForward(SUCCESS);
     }
}

When I run this app I get null as result.