struts-user mailing list archives

From Rubens Gomes <rub...@pocketgear.com>
Subject Struts 2 - s:text garbled
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 22:51:25 GMT
Hello,

I already spent several hours on this problem.   And I have done some search on the mailing
lists as well.

I am using the latest Struts 2 (2.2.1) along with struts-tiles JSP plugin (2.2.2), and I running
into a problem with rendering garbled foreign characters from s:text.  If I remove the pageEncoding
tag from the top of the JSP page, the <s:text...> works okay.

This line when added to the top of the JSP causes <s:text ...> to render incorrect garbled
Portuguese characters.

<%@ page pageEncoding="UTF-8" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" language="java" %>

All my resource files are saved in UTF-8.  And so is my JSPs.  And I also have the following
on all pages.

And I have following settings too:

struts.xml:
<constant name="struts.i18n.encoding" value="UTF-8"/>

freemaker.properties:
default_encoding=UTF-8

--
Rubens