struts-user mailing list archives

From Harsh Grover <harsh.gro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect & RedirectAction forwarding to localhost:8080 if no protocol mentioned in namespace
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 03:33:36 GMT
here it is.

<action name="userLogin" class="com.UserAction" method="login">
<result name="success">home.jsp</result>
<result name="login-failed" type="redirectAction">
<param name="actionName">loadLogin</param>
<param name="prependServletContext">true</param>
<param name="loginFailed">true</param>
</result>
</action>
<action name="loadLogin" class="com.UserAction" method="loadLogin">
<result name="success">login.jsp</result>
</action>

if login succeeds, i'm taking the user to the home page. However, if login
fails, I'm redirecting the user back to the login page with a query param:
loginFailed=true. However, it is forwarding to
http://localhost:8080/test/actions/loadLogin.jsp, and bypassing the apache
instance in front of it completely, even if the request comes from
http://abc.com/test/actions/userLogin.action.

Thanks