struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S 1.3.8] Simple Struts Example
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 14:59:11 GMT
On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Anjib Mulepati wrote:
> Can anyone help to get this simple program run?

I suspect you mean "run correctly".

> When I run this app I get null as result.

When describing a problem it's helpful to be specific: while reading the
code leads me to *believe* what you mean is that when you try to display a
bean property in your JSP you're not seeing the value you expect in the
browser.

But I really have no idea if that assumption is correct. You also submit a
form, and you might mean that the form isn't being handled in the way you
expect (although you've done, or at least shown, nothing related to Struts 1
form processing at all).

So.

You're attempting to display a bean value retrieved from the session, but
show nothing that actually puts a bean into the session. So far, your
problem is there.

You'll be disappointed when you find out all you have to do to process forms
in the normal Struts 1 way... is there a reason you're learning Struts 1?
Most new development has moved on to more recent frameworks, with good
reasons. I'm suspicious of companies doing new development in Struts 1.

Dave