struts-user mailing list archives

From Harsh Grover <harsh.gro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redirect & RedirectAction forwarding to localhost:8080 if no protocol mentioned in namespace
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 16:17:21 GMT
my bad, i misunderstood what you meant. Ya, I've tried with the namespace.
it still goes to localhost:8080

I've currently written up a new class which extends
ServletActionRedirectResult, and there, I'm setting the namespace with the
hard url (which is being read from a properties file). So I preappend the
url (http://test.com) to the namespace in my custom class. This ensures that
the url in the browser does not change to localhost:8080. Not sure if that's
the best solution though.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 6:57 AM, Maurizio Cucchiara <
maurizio.cucchiara@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hard url? I didn't suggest you to hard code url inside namespace. You
> should use namespace defined in your package declaration.
> <package name="yourPackageName" extends="struts-default"
> namespace="/YOUR_NAMESPACE">
>    <action name="userLogin" class="com.UserAction" method="login">
>   <result name="success">home.jsp</result>
> <result name="login-failed" type="redirectAction">
> <param name="actionName">loadLogin</param>
> <param name="namespace">YOUR_NAMESPACE</param>
> <param name="prependServletContext">true</param>
> <param name="loginFailed">true</param>
> </result>
> </action>
> <action name="loadLogin" class="com.UserAction" method="loadLogin">
> <result name="success">login.jsp</result>
> </action>
>
> </package>
> 2011/1/20 Harsh Grover <harsh.grover@gmail.com>:
> > yup, setting a hard url in namespace works, however, I have multiple
> > development & test instances, each having their own unique url and I
> would
> > want to avoid having to change the url in every build. I'm using maven &
> > svn, and right now, i download the code from svn, I can run it without
> > making any code changes. I'd like to keep it that way.
> >
> > Is there any way I could add parameters to struts.xml to be read from
> some
> > properties file?
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 1:14 AM, Maurizio Cucchiara <
> > maurizio.cucchiara@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Location is for the simply redirect result.
> >> Did you try instead to set namespace parameter for redirectAction
> result?

> http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/struts2-core/apidocs/org/apache/struts2/dispatcher/ServletRedirectResult.html#prependServletContext

> harsh.grover@gmail.com

> if