struts-user mailing list archives

From Maurizio Cucchiara <maurizio.cucchi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Localized -validation.xml
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 22:14:01 GMT
I strongly recommend you read the following link [1], in particoular the
section that talks about "Localizing and Parameterizing Messages"

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/validation.html

Maurizio Cucchiara

On Jan 11, 2011 7:27 PM, "Paul Mefford" <paulmefford@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of the best way to have different validation rules
for different locales in the validation.xml.

I created what I feel is a hack by using wildcard in the alias:

       <action name="start*" class="com.MyClass" method="input">

Then I call startUS so my validation.xml file is named
MyClass-startUS-validation.xml

Is this the best or recommended way to do this? I thought there may be
some -validation_en_US.xml or something but testing this doesn't work.