struts-user mailing list archives

From "mreisz@4sxs.de" <mre...@4sxs.de>
Subject AW: Dynamic dropDown List
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 16:08:28 GMT
Hello,

I used the normal <select> and <option> tag and built the form by hand. But on
this way, I lost all the save mechanisms from struts (if the page is reloaded all the dropdown
value are lost).
I didn't find a working solution...

So I tried again with the struts tag, and I did:

<s:iterator value="questions">
	<s:property value="questionId"/><br/>
	<s:property value="questionName"/><br/>
	<s:select key="??????????????" list="answers"/><br/><br/>
</s:iterator>

- I iterate on the list "questions" (return by the function: List<QuestionObject> getQuestions()
in the action class) with the iterator.
- I display the id and the questionName
- Then I would like to generate for each question a drop down list with the answers (return
by the function: List<String> getAnswers() in the action class)

The form is properly generated, all the questions with dropdown are displayed...
But how can I save all the values of the dropdowns in my bean?

I thought maybe with a list or a table attribute in the bean, with getter and setter...

Any Idea?

Thanks and regards,
Matthieu

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----