struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Ajax & ActionErrors
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:04:11 GMT
On 1/11/2011 1:43 PM, CRANFORD, CHRIS wrote:
> Can someone explain how I can render my action errors when I use Ajax to
> post a form to the server?

Assuming you're talking Struts 1... error are rendered via JSP custom
tags, so to make it work with AJAX, without hacking the framework, all
you need to do is render the AJAX result using a JSP... the output of
that JSP can include the errors... you can use a JSP to render JSON for
example, or XML if you wish, or some other custom format.

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Author of "Practical Palm Pre webOS Projects"