struts-user mailing list archives

From RogerV <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject JQuery Plugin Modal Dialog help needed
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:48:32 GMT

Hi

I've been experimenting with the JQuery sjg:grid tag and I've got to the
stage where I can display a list of user entities and, using a custom
formatter, add two links to each row to allow for the edit and deletion of
individual entities. This is working well.

I'm now trying to add a sj:dialog tag into the mix, so that when the delete
link is clicked, I can display a modal "confirmation" dialog and either
continue with the delete or cancel the operation. What is happening now is
that when a "delete" link is clicked, the dialog is displayed but continues
directly to my delete-user action without waiting for the user to respond to
the dialog. I suspect I'm tripping over what happens with the jquery tags at
"render" time on the server and execution time on the client. I'd be very
grateful if someone could show me how to implement a "confirmation" dialog
correctly as javascript/jquery is not a strong point of mine. I've attached
my code so far below.

Regards

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
    pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<%@ taglib prefix="sj" uri="/struts-jquery-tags"%>
<%@ taglib prefix="sjg" uri="/struts-jquery-grid-tags"%>
<head>
<sj:head jqueryui="true" jquerytheme="redmond" />
<script type="text/javascript">

function formatEditLink(cellvalue, options, rowObject) {
        return " start-edit-user?userId=" Edit ";
	}
function formatDeleteLink(cellvalue, options, rowObject) {
	return " delete-user?userId=" Delete ";
	}

function doDelete() {
	$('#confirm_delete').dialog('open');
	}

function continueButton() {
	$('#confirm_delete').dialog('close');
	return true;
}

function cancelButton() {
	$('#confirm_delete').dialog('close');
	return false;
}
</script>

</head>
<h2>List Users</h2>
<s:url id="remoteurl" action="load-user-table"/>

    <sjg:grid
        id="gridtable"
        caption="Users"
        dataType="json"
        href="%{remoteurl}"
        pager="true"
        gridModel="users"
        rowList="10,15,20"
        rowNum="15"
        rownumbers="false"
        editinline="false"

        <sjg:gridColumn name="username" index="username" title="User Name"
sortable="true" key="true"/>
        <sjg:gridColumn name="serial" index="serial" title="Serial#"
formatter="integer" sortable="true"/>
        <sjg:gridColumn name="email" index="email" title="E-Mail"
sortable="false"/>
        <sjg:gridColumn name="edit" title="" formatter="formatEditLink"
sortable="false"/>
        <sjg:gridColumn name="delete" title="" formatter="formatDeleteLink"
sortable="false"/>
    </sjg:grid>
<sj:dialog id="confirm_delete"
        title="Confirm Delete"
        autoOpen="false"
        modal="true"
        width="400"
        buttons="{
        		'Yes':function() {continueButton();},
        		'No':function() {cancelButton();}
        		}"

<h5>Do you really want to delete this user. This cannot be reversed</h5>
</sj:dialog>