struts-user mailing list archives

From Jan Fröhlich <Jan.Froehl...@infomotion.de>
Subject ModelDriven with List<MyUserObject>
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:37:45 GMT
Hi....

After we found a lean solution with ModelDriven in our application to build CRUD functions
with simple Objects, I have now a problem with extending it, to be usable with lists.

What I want to do is, make the getModel() method in my ModelDriven Action having a return
type like List<MySimpleClass> or maybe Map<String, MySimpleClass> just to be able
to have a form, where I iterate the list or map, have a input field for every line and just
one "Save" button for the entire form, so every change is made to the object inside the list
.

No idea if it helps, but this might show, what I want to do...

ACTION:
public class Document extends ActionSupport implements ModelDriven<List<Document>>
{
	private List<Document> documents;

    public void save() {
        //doSomething
    }

    public Document getModel() {
        documents = DocumentsDAO.listDocuments();
        return documents;
    }

    public List<Document> getDocuments() {
        return documents;
    }

	public void setDocuments(List<Document> documents) {
        this.documents = documents;
    }
}

JSP:
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags"%>
<%@ taglib prefix="sj" uri="/struts-jquery-tags"%>

<s:url var="urlSave" action ="document" method="save" />
<s:form action="%{urlSave}">
    <s:iterator>
        <s:textfield name="boId" />
        <s:textfield name="name" />
    </s:iterator>
    <s:submit />
</s:form>

If anyone can point me out, how to do that, or provide a link or some buzzwords where I can
continue my search I would be thankful.

Regards Jan