struts-user mailing list archives

From Jim Talbut <Jim.Tal...@groupgti.com>
Subject JSON Property
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 11:49:21 GMT
Hi,

I keep needing to put the JSON equivalent of an expression into a JSP page to be used by client
side javascript.
This is done during the evaluation of the JSP, it's not AJAX.

At the moment I'm doing it by creating a special "get" method on the action, but that's not
nice - the action shouldn't need to know that I want the representation in JSON.

I've started looking at creating an alternative tag to do the job, but it would be pretty
much a complete copy of the property tag, but with an additional "escape"-type property to
specify that the result should be JSON.
It's slightly more complicated than that because the normal escapes should be applied afterwards
too.

Question: Is this something that should be implemented in the base property tag as an enhancement
to struts itself, or should I just copy the property tag and get on with my life?

Thanks
Jim