struts-user mailing list archives

From Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>
Subject Re: execAndWait Interceptor
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:57:36 GMT
Sorry about the delayed response. I have been busy with xmas crap (ba
humbug).

The way we implement an ajax solution is to create a new thread, with a flag
stored in the session and poll the server using a jquery ajax call every 10
seconds. The ajax call returns a json response which has the flag value as
its first item and then relevant data if the process is complete.

The beauty of this is we have no page refreshes and when the process is
complete use the ajax response to either display the info or a link to the
report.

Z.