struts-user mailing list archives

From Satheesh Kannan A B <satheesh.kan...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: FW: Iterator: field errors.
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2010 18:01:23 GMT
Hi,

Can u please give an example for below of my code

Thanks  and Regards,

Satheesh Kannan A B

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Newton [mailto:davelnewton@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 24, 2010 11:25 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: FW: Iterator: field errors.

You can if they're indexed, no?
On Dec 24, 2010 12:53 PM, "Satheesh Kannan A B" <satheesh.kannan@hcl.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still now I didn't get any solution for this. I think in struts 2.* server
side validation is not good as struts 1.*.
> Since i cant display exact fielderror message for a field in a iterator
and also once I submit I cant get the list object again.( list object ill
get from data layer, its not static to use prepare method).

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Satheesh Kannan A B

validation as a separate method in my action as given below.
> List<PojoClassBO> boList = new ArrayList< PojoClassBO >();
>
> Public String save(){
>
> If(isValid())
> {
> Continue....
> }else{
> Return "input";
> }
>
> Return "success";
> }
>
> Private Boolean isValid(){
> if(String.isEmpty()){
> addFieldError("bo.FieldName",getText("error.code"));
> }
>
> if (getFieldErrors().size() > 0) {
> return true;
> } else{
> Return false;
> }
> }
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Satheesh Kannan A B

a text box. It may be more than 5 rows. I need to validate whether it's an
integer and want to display error message below the field. For a normal
field with a unique I have done it well. But I don't know how to do for list
if validation fails. Since after validation fails the iterator grid also
empty and am not able to display field values.
> <s:iterator values="objectList">
> <s:textfield name="bo.name" />
> <s:fielderror name="bo.name" ></s:fielderror>
> </s:iterator>
> Please suggest me how to populate grid values in jsp if validation fails
and also validation messages below field of each row.

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Satheesh Kannan A B
>
> ::DISCLAIMER::

intended for the named recipient(s) only.
> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect
the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
modification, distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. Before opening any mail and