struts-user mailing list archives

From Li Ying <liying.cn.2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: This absolute uri (http://displaytag.sf.net) cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 01:01:44 GMT
Are your referencing your tag in jsp by code likes:
<%@ taglib prefix="display" uri="http://displaytag.sf.net" %>

I am not sure, but maybe in the old version of JSP specification, you
need add this to your web.xml:
<taglib>
      <taglib-uri>http://displaytag.sf.net</taglib-uri>
      <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tlds/displaytag.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>
to tell the app server where to locate the tld file.

And also, you need extract the [displaytag.tld] file
from the source or jar of [displaytag] (under the [META-INF] folder),
and put it to the right folder.

In new version of JSP specification, the tld file can describe itself,
and the app server can find it under the  [META-INF] folder(of JAR
file) automatically. You don't need to configure it in the web.xml.

That's why your taglib works in tomcat 6.0 which implements the JSP
specification 2.1,
but not in tomcat 4.1 which implements JSP specification 1.2.

2010/10/21  <D.SantoshKumar@karvy.com>:
> hi all,
>
> i am trying to use displaytag in my application it was working finebut
> suddenly it is showing this excepton
>
> it is working fine in tomcat 6.0 but it is not in tomcat 4.1
>

> i am using display tag 1.2
>

> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri
> (http://displaytag.sf.net) cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the
> jar files deployed with this application
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHand
> ler.java:105)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java
> :430)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java
> :154)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:1
> 59)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:354)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:381)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:795)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:122)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:
> 199)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:
> 153)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:227)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:369)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.ja
> va:473)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
> va:190)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
>
>                at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
>
>                at
>
>                at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applica
> tionFilterChain.java:247)
>
>                at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilt
> erChain.java:193)
>
>                at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValv
> e.java:256)
>
>                at
> [...]
companies. It is intended only for the addressee and may contain private, confidential and/or
privileged material. Views contained in the email message are those of the sender and may
not necessarily reflect those of Karvy. Review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of this information by the person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender or notify emailhelpdesk@karvy.com
and delete the material from any stored format/computer.