struts-user mailing list archives

From RogerV <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2, Session Management and "WorkFlow".
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:24:03 GMT

Paweł Wielgus wrote:

> In an interceptor You can check if a user is logged in,
> so it's easy to have wizzard immediate after login
> and only login page if user is not logged in.
> Then after user is logged in You can check if wizzard is completed and
> if not redirect him at current wizzard page (kept in session for
> example).
> If the wizzard is completed then he can't enter wizzard url's.

That would work in this case, but my interceptor would be specific to the
wizard. If I then introduced a second wizard, then I'd need another
interceptor to handle that one. I was hoping for something a little more
generic.

Paweł Wielgus wrote:

> As for how do You keep "session data" seperate for the two tabs?
> Well the best solution i know is You don't, when You use any http
> framework,
> but it's just my personal opinion.

So how would you deal with a client opening two tabs and editing an order
for two different customers in
each? I could put key information such as customerId & orderId into a form
as a hidden field, but I "like" to retain that in the session to facilitate
detecting malicious update attempts - I can check that the
customerId/OrderId coming back are the ids that I originally sent - for
example.

I found this
http://www.vitara.org/cms/struts_2_cookbook/using_a_conversation_scope -
which looks like an attempt to do what I want to do, has anyone used it in
anger, or is there something similair out there?

Regards