struts-user mailing list archives

From Franz Wong <franzw...@gmail.com>
Subject How do we repopulate controls when validation fails?
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:51:33 GMT
Hi,

I have read the documentation "How do we repopulate controls when validation
fails" [1]. I tried the action tag solution. However, when there is a
validation error, the execute method of the action in <s:action> is not
called.

I don't choose the Preparable solution because the parameter required is not
ready in the Prepare stage. (For the first time of visit, the parameter is
set to default.) And I don't want to call the preparation twice in both
execute and prepare. So what is the best way to repopulate controls for
normal case and revisit after validation error? Should I abandon to validate
the input in validate method?

Thanks.
Franz

[1]