struts-user mailing list archives

From Amol Ghotankar <ghotankaru...@gmail.com>
Subject Authorization Best Practices
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:04:41 GMT
Dear List members,

Using Struts 2.x can we do authorization of client request, if yes what are
the best practices for the same please discuss.

Authorization will have two parts

1.  decide which action are allowed and which are not,
2 . decide how much data to access.

Means if I have a database which has 100 rows, then to show 100 or 10 or 50
based on the role of the user and this authorization permissions.

Also how to handle unauthorized request and redirect to called action or
some other page.

There are several ways we can discuss all here.

With Best Regards,

Amol Ghotankar
Cursive Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
www.cursivetech.com

CURSIVE TECHNOLOGIES EMAIL NOTICE
disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail
or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.