struts-user mailing list archives

From Björn Raupach <raup...@me.com>
Subject textfield escapes name attribute
Date Sat, 24 Jul 2010 16:37:14 GMT
Hi group,

I am having some trouble with the textfield tag. We have java beans that use german umlauts
as well as the letter 'ß' in some property names. To set the property in a from we use the
textfield tag. Below is a snippet:

Problem is the rendered html page escapes the name attribute, which result in a null value
for the property straße. Same goes for all properties that use umlauts. ö becomes &ouml;
and so on...

However we can enter umlauts in a input field and have the value properly encoded in the property
of the bean.

If we enter 'München' in this input field, we actually recieve 'München' on the server.

We use struts2 2.1.8.1 and the javatemplates-plugin. Tomcat  URIEncoding is set to UTF-8.
Every jsp is encoded with UTF-8 and the headers are properly set.

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
    pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>

Any ideas?

Björn