struts-user mailing list archives

From Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>
Subject Re: lost URL parameters with <s:param> tag
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:20:19 GMT
On 07/20/2010 01:39 PM, Dale Newfield wrote:
> On 7/20/10 11:48 AM, Emi Lu wrote:
>> It seems that "s:param" does not work well when more than one s:param is
>> assigned.
>
> I use multiple param tags inside url tags all over the place. It does
> work. I would suggest running your application inside a debugger to find
> out what exactly is not working for you. One thing I would suggest is
> eliminating ambiguities -- value fields (for example) are going to be
> interpreted as OGNL, so if you want the ognl expression contents, then
> value="%{contents}" and if you want the string contents, then
> value="%{'contents'}".

Thank you for all your inputs!

Conclusion:
=================
(1) workable version:
<s:param name="helpTitle"      value="%{getText('example1')}" />
<s:param name="helpText"       value="%{getText('example2')}" />

(2) this way, it does not work:
<s:param name="helpTitle"      value="example1" />
<s:param name="helpText"       value="example2" />

Frankly, I do *not* like way(1) since "%{getText('example2')}" is a very
long paragraph. I prefer to transfer key property and retrieve text in
Action Class.

Anyhow, it seems that this is the current solution I could find for now.

If you have better ideas, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

--
Lu Ying

Note: