struts-user mailing list archives

From Carljohan Carlsson <ca...@stendahls.net>
Subject Struts 2 custom JSP-tags encoding
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 07:46:52 GMT
Hi,
Have an encoding problem when writing custom struts 2 (jsp) tags. We
have all our source file UTF-8 encoded and get strange outputs from our
tags when using ie. "ÅÄÖ".
Traced it down to JspTemplateEngine which is using
org.apache.struts2.components.Include.include(..).
The include(..) methods looks after a "defaultEncoding" which is
supposed to be injected with "struts.i18n.encoding". The thing is that
JspTemplateEngine is using Include.include(..) statically and thus
"struts.i18n.encoding" is never injected.

Is this a bug? Anyone had similar problems?

Regards,
Carljohan