struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: input fields with dynamic names
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 15:15:26 GMT

//The action class contains a (dynamically populated) collection such as persons defined here

@Result(name="list", value="listPeople.action", type=ServletRedirectResult.class)
public class EditPersonAction extends ActionSupport {
    ArrayList<Person> persons = new ArrayList()
<snip>
}

//then the jsp makes reference to persons ArrayList from the action class and references specific
rows by utilising stat.index by the s:iterator iterator

<s:form action="submitPersonInfo" namespace="/conversion" method="post">
    <%--
        The following is done Dynamically
    --%>
    <s:iterator value="new int[3]" status="stat">
        <s:textfield    label="%{'Person '+#stat.index+' Name'}"
                        name="%{'persons['+#stat.index+'].name'}" />
        <s:textfield    label="%{'Person '+#stat.index+' Age'}"
                        name="%{'persons['+#stat.index+'].age'}" />
    </s:iterator>

this would achieve the effect of dynamically populating n number of Person objects

does this answer the question?
Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.