struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: PersistenceFacade
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 13:53:46 GMT

i would strongly suggest you re-consider *not* publishing the username/password to your database..
in fact changing the username/password asap
(if someone can ping your mailing address IP and append 3306 they can might be able access
your database)

suppose:

your host is NewOrleansCommandCenterHost
your DB name is DeepWaterHorizonDB

your username is TonyHayward
your password is PlugTheHole

then the dbUrl = //jdbc:msql://NewOrleansCommandCenterHost:3306/DeepWaterHorizonDB?user=TonyHayward&password=PlugTheHole

//and you could connect in using a thin Type4 driver with

java.util.Properties urlProps = new com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver().parseURL(dbUrl,
null);

something to think about
Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.