struts-user mailing list archives

From RogerV <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject Convention plugin - passing parameters
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 14:49:45 GMT

Could somone suggest why this works

@Result(name="identify", type="redirectAction",
location="connect",params={"reference","%{serialNumber}"})

and this doesn't
@Result(name="identify", type="chain",
location="connect",params={"reference","%{serialNumber}"})

and what I need to do to get the chain to work (I don't want the value of
serialNumber to appear in the URL which is what happens if I use
redirectAction).

I've got a getSerialNumber() method in the action this annotation is in, and
a setSerialNumber() method in action Connect. Debugging shows that
Connect.setSerialNumber() is called when using redirectAction, but it;s not
when using chain.

Regards