struts-user mailing list archives

From Craig Ricciuto <cricci...@symboticware.com>
Subject How to keep quotation marks
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 14:06:27 GMT
Hi there. I've run into situation that I'm not quite sure how to resolve.
 In one of my action classes I create a string from data from my database.
This string though is actually supposed to be some Javascript that I use in
the resulting JSP but the quotation marks when being output by Struts2
change to the HTML entity *&quot;* where I would like them to stay as the
quotation marks I set in my action class.

A simple example would be something like the following:

In my action class:
String javascriptString = "LabelName: \""+ databaseLabeName +

But when I grab the string from within the JSP I get:
LabeName: &quot;TheLabelName&quot;

This is not what I want as I need the actual quotation marks, so I am
wondering what I can do to keep the quotation marks in that string?

Thanks,
Craig