struts-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Claborn <mi...@claborn.net>
Subject input fields with dynamic names
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:47:54 GMT
I'm sure I've seen the answer to this somewhere, but darned if I can
find it now when I need it!

I have a page that allows edits of various options, the names of which
are dynamically retrieved from the database.  If I have the code in the
JSP as below, the value displayed in the text field is always that from
the database.  If there is a validation error, the user's input value is
not maintained as it would be if there were an explicit getter/setter
for each option name.  Is there a way to code the Action (or the JSP) so
that the value shown is the user's input value if there is an error?

          <s:iterator value="authorizedOptions" id="o">
                  <s:textfield size="10" name="${o.optionName}"
id="${o.optionName}" value="${o.valueInt}" />

Mitch